Sewing machine operator
Roles and responsibilities:
- assist in the manufacturing of a line of canvas and leather accessories as part of a production team;
- operate various sewing machines including a heavy-duty industrial machine and a serger;
- share in the daily operations and maintenance tasks of the workshop; and
- provide input for the optimization of product design and manufacturing.
- must have some sewing experience;
- professional sewing experience is an asset;
- good communication and teamwork skills are necessary.
Pay range starts at $14 to $20 and is commensurate with experience/skill level.
Work part-time with flexibility in work hours.
Location: Honora Bay area, Manitoulin Island
Start date: immediately
Position is open until filled.
Send your resume to email@example.com
Please answer the following questions in your accompanying email:
1. What skills and qualities of yours make you a good fit for this position?
2. What is your availability?
3. What parts of this job interest you the most?
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
About the employer:
Chemistry + craft is a small design and manufacturing workshop located in NEMI. We are committed to using only renewable non-toxic materials and reinforcing local and international supply chains that support social and ecological responsibility. Our sunny, rural workshop is prioritizes pleasant and safe working conditions, conviviality, and well-being for our workers, sharing in a passion for good design, natural materials, and handwork. We regret that our work place is not currently wheelchair accessible.